The mitmproxy project’s tools are a set of front-ends that expose common underlying functionality.
mitmproxy is an interactive man-in-the-middle proxy for HTTP and HTTPS with a console interface.
mitmdump is the command-line version of mitmproxy. Think tcpdump for HTTP.
mitmweb is a web-based interface for mitmproxy.
Documentation, tutorials and distribution packages can be found on the mitmproxy website.
- Intercept HTTP & HTTPS requests and responses and modify them on the fly
- Save complete HTTP conversations for later replay and analysis
- Replay the client-side of an HTTP conversations
- Replay HTTP responses of a previously recorded server
- Reverse proxy mode to forward traffic to a specified server
- Transparent proxy mode on OSX and Linux
- Make scripted changes to HTTP traffic using Python
- SSL/TLS certificates for interception are generated on the fly
- And much, much more…