- Welcome to the mitmproxy tutorial. In this lesson we cover the modification of intercepted requests.
- We configure and use the same interception rule as in the last tutorial.
ito prepopulate mitmproxy’s command prompt, enter the flow filter
~u /Dunedin & ~q, and press
- Let’s generate a request using
curlin a separate terminal.
- We now want to modify the intercepted request.
- Put the focus (
>>) on the intercepted flow. This is already the case in our example.
ENTERto open the details view for the intercepted flow.
eto edit the intercepted flow.
- mitmproxy asks which part to modify.
pathby using your arrow keys and press
- mitmproxy shows all path components line by line, in our example its just
ENTERto modify the selected path component.
ESCto confirm your change.
qto go back to the flow details view.
ato resume the intercepted flow.
- You see that the request URL was modified and
wttr.inreplied with the weather report for
- In the next lesson you will learn to replay flows.